4th March 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to undertake an apprenticeship within our residential conveyancing department.
If you are looking for a role that will give you an opportunity to pursue a career in the legal sector, and you feel confident working in a fast-paced and busy environment, then you may be the person we are looking for.
Hodgkinsons Solicitors are a leading law firm based in Skegness. Established for over 40 years, we are a progressive and modern firm, with teams specialising in the major areas of law. We have a loyal Client following, which is ever increasing.
Hodgkinsons have a hugely successful apprenticeship training programme, which has resulted in our apprentices going on to build successful careers in administration, secretarial and legal advisor roles. For an insight into the careers of our employees who started with us as Apprentices, please read this blog.
Training Contract Purpose
The Company will assist you in gaining knowledge and skills pertinent to working in an office environment and you will assist your work colleagues in the smooth running of the practice by providing a range of support services commensurate with this job description.This is an opportunity to join the legal profession, and undertake a role that has career progression opportunities and the chance to develop your skills in a professional, friendly and supportive environment.
As part of the role, Apprentices will be required to undertake NVQ training via the Company’s approved training provider and to work with the training provider to ensure that any course work is fully completed. Allocated time off the job will be given to the Apprentice to complete college work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The actual work carried out varies depending on the needs of the business. In general, Apprentices will be required to undertake the following:
- General basic administration duties, including filing, photocopying and scanning;
- Collecting and shredding confidential waste;
- Binding documents;
- Ensuring photocopies are stocked with paper and staples;
- Assist in operating the Company’s archive and storage procedures;
- Provide refreshments internally and to clients/third parties, if requested to do so;
- Assist with postal duties, including delivering/collecting post to the Document Exchange drop off area and to the Post Office;
- Ensure that department communal work areas are kept neat and tidy;
- Opening and closing files manually and on the Company’s electronic systems;
- Taking telephone messages;
- Making appointments;
- Typing file notes/basic letters;
- Data input;
- Undertaking searches such as a smart search or bankruptcy search;
- Providing cover for reception as and when requested;
- Any other duties commensurate to the post of an Apprentice.
The Successful Candidate
In order to be considered, you will need to have achieved GCSE Grade C/5 or above in English and maths (or equivalent) and 2 x A Levels Grade C or above (or equivalent). You will need to able to demonstrate an interest in building a career in the legal sector. You will need good typing skills, a basic understanding of Microsoft packages and a positive attitude towards attending college and undertaking course written course work as part of the training contract and complying with requirements to undertake college work in a timely manner.
The following criteria will be assessed during the interview process.
Candidates are asked to set out in their application forms why they believe they meet the criteria:-
Knowledge & Skills
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Pays good attention to detail
- Understanding of how to prioritise work
- A full driving license is desirable but not essential to the role
Character and Personal Qualities
- Good interpersonal skills, willing to provide support and assistance where requested in a polite and courteous manner
- Basic understanding of rules surrounding confidentiality and protecting client and Company data
- Smart and professional appearance
- Confident and approachable, with a “can do” attitude
How to Apply
As this is an apprenticeship scheme, applications must be submitted via the following link https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-724125.
Equality and Diversity
Hodgkinsons Solicitors is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.