30th August 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen to undertake an apprenticeship within our residential conveyancing department.
Reporting to: HR Director/Department Supervisor
Hours of work: Full-time training position Monday to Friday (inclusive) 9.00am – 5.00pm with one hour (unpaid) for lunch
Training Contract Purpose
The Company will assist you in gaining knowledge and skills pertinent to working in an office environment, and you will assist your work colleagues in the smooth running of the practice by providing a range of support services commensurate with this job description.
As part of the role, Apprentices will be required to undertake NVQ training via the Company’s approved training provider, and to work with the training provider to ensure that any course work is fully completed to a good standard and within the time frame given.
Apprentices will have allocated time off in the office during the working week in order to complete college work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The actual work carried out varies depending on the needs of the business. In general, Apprentices will be required to undertake the following:
- General basic administration duties, including filing, photocopying and scanning;
- Collecting and shredding confidential waste;
- Binding documents;
- Ensuring photocopies are stocked with paper and staples;
- Assist in operating the Company’s archive and storage procedures;
- Assist with postal duties, including delivering/collecting post to the Document Exchange drop off area and to the Post Office;
- Ensure that department communal work areas are kept neat and tidy;
- Opening and closing files manually and on the Company’s electronic systems;
- Taking telephone messages;
- Data input;
- Undertaking searches such as a smart search or bankruptcy search;
- Reception duties
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 x A’ Level Grade A - C (or equivalent)
- Have a basic understanding of Microsoft packages
- Positive attitude towards attending college and undertaking written course work as part of the training contract and within time limits set down by the college.
Knowledge & Skills
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Pays good attention to detail
- Confident and approachable, with a “can do” attitude
Character and Personal Qualities
- Good interpersonal skills, willing to provide support and assistance where requested in a polite and courteous manner
- Basic understanding of rules surrounding confidentiality and protecting client and Company data
- Smart and professional appearance
How to Apply
If you are eager to learn and want to develop a career within the legal sector, and if you have one A ‘Level at Grade A – C or equivalent, submit your CV via the following link:
The closing date for applications is 30 August 2023.