Clinical Negligence Lawyer/Paralegal
As part of Hodgkinsons continued development and business growth programme, we are looking for an experienced caseworker to help us grow and expand our Clinical negligence department.
Job Title: Paralegal / Newly Qualified Solicitor / Experienced Fee Earner
Based at: Skegness, Lincolnshire
Salary: 1 – 2 Years’ Experience: Up to £30,000.00 per annum
2+ Years’ Experience: Salary Negotiable
Hours of work: Full-time position Monday to Friday (inclusive) 9.00am – 5.00pm with one hour unpaid for lunch
Details of the Role
This is a career development opportunity for you to expand your legal knowledge by representing Claimant’s across a variety of clinical negligence cases. You will run your own caseload of medical negligence claims. You may also be required to assist other Solicitors within the department with their casework.
Minimum requirement to be considered for the role
In order to be considered for this role, your CV must reflect that you have a minimum of 1-years’ PQE or equivalent experience of running your own medical negligence caseload from Client enquiry through to preparation for trial. Litigation experience is not essential as training will be given.
Key skills required for the Post
This role will require candidates to:
- Have good medical knowledge in order to identify where a duty of care exists and prove where that duty has been failed;
- Have strong organisational and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize your workload;
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required;
- Have a working knowledge of compliance issues, code of conduct and account rules;
- You will have experience in supporting clients in difficult and distressing circumstances, showing empathy and compassion whilst at the same time providing excellent legal advice and client care;
- Be IT literate.
Salary: 1 – 2 Years’ Experience: Up to £30,000.00 per annum - 2+ Years’ Experience: Salary Negotiable
Holidays: 25 days holiday and in addition paid time off for Bank holidays. Holiday entitlement increases after 5 years of service by 1 day per year up to a maximum of an additional 5 days
Benefits: The Company offers a range of staff benefits, including bonus payments based on performance; flexible working options, free Conveyancing and drafting of Wills and/or dealing with Probate (save as for disbursement fees); staff awards; death in service cover; pension, staff social events, free on-site parking.
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org