Fee Earner - Civil Department
An opportunity has arisen for a Fee Earner to join our thriving Civil Department here at Hodgkinsons Solicitors, Skegness.
Hodgkinsons Solicitors are a leading law firm based in Skegness. Established for over 40 years, we are a progressive and modern firm, with teams specialising in the major areas of law. We have a loyal Client following, which is ever increasing.
Fee Earner – Civil Department
Hours of work:
Full-time position Monday to Friday (inclusive) 9.00am – 5.00pm with one hour (unpaid) for lunch.
£40,000.00 - £55,000.00 Dependent upon Experience
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must meet the following essential criteria:
1. Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with a minimum of 3 years PQE in civil law
2. Experience of running own civil law caseload from start to finish in the following areas:
- Contract Disputes
- Contentious Probate
- Professional Negligence
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will have a caseload of their own with specific targets and KPIs to meet.
The role includes:
- Drafting letters and documents tailored to the client's individual needs;
- Preparing documents for Court/Counsel/relevant 3rd Parties;
- Negotiating with clients and 3rd Parties to secure agreed objectives;
- Researching and analysing documents, regulations and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
- Preparing instructions to Counsel or specialist advocates to appear in Court / Mediation in complex disputes;
- Calculating claims for damages;
- Accurately time-recording and maximising recovery of fees;
- Support marketing initiatives, including attending Company functions/net-working events/team-building events;
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the Company in your professional and personal life;
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in your area of law via department meetings/courses/updates and ensuring compliance with CPD requirements if appropriate;
- Comply with the rules and guidance set out in the Office Manual and associated Policies;
- Have a good understanding of SRA Regulations and Compliance responsibilities.
Equality and Diversity
Hodgkinsons Solicitors is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Criminal Records Check
Please note that upon acceptance of an offer of employment all successful applicants are required to undergo a Basic Disclosure and Barring check.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this role please send your CV to email@example.com. Your CV should detail your case work experience, location and salary expectations.