Specialist Probate and Will Lawyers, Lincolnshire
Expert advice, sympathetic approach
At Hodgkinsons Solicitors we understand that dealing with a loved one’s estate after they have died can be difficult, time-consuming and often complicated.
Our specialist Probate and Will Lawyers are experts in all aspects of probate and estate administration and are ready to help.
Probate is the legal process for dealing with the estate, or assets, of someone who has died.
Where there is a will, this is the responsibility of the Executors. In most cases this will be a family member or close friend. If you are an Executor, you may need to obtain a Grant of Probate to deal with the estate.
Where a will has not been made, Personal Representatives of the Estate will need to be appointed.
Whether you need us to guide you through the whole procedure, or provide assistance with a particular aspect, we are here to help.
Our friendly, specialist probate and wills lawyers offer expert advice on:
- Identification of assets and liabilities to determine the estate value
- What to do if there is no will
- Appointment of Personal Representatives as directed by intestacy rules
- Complex inheritance tax, income tax or capital gains tax issues
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate
- Dealing with agricultural assets or a business
- Selling of assets and settlement of liabilities
- Deeds of Variation