Working At Height Claims
If you have been injured in an accident at work whilst working at height call our Personal Injury Team for a free consultation to claim compensation on 01754 897150 or start your claim online and we will call you.
In 2019 Health & Safety statistics revealed that falls from height were the third highest cause of fatalities, accounting for 20% of fatal injuries to workers and have contributed to 581,000 working days lost.
Working at height can apply to a many scenarios ranging from an employee on a harness hundreds of feet above the ground on a construction site to a employee standing on a chair in an office changing a light bulb.
If your work activity involves working at any height, your employer has a legal duty to ensure that it is:
- properly planned, supervised and carried out by a competent person;
- that the distance and consequences of a fall has been minimised using equipment that is suitable, stable and strong enough for the task;
- that the employee is properly trained to working at height; and
- that the working procedures are reviewed according to the working conditions.
Research has shown that the most common examples of working at height accidents include:
- falls from ladders & step ladders;
- falls from scaffolding;
- falling through and from roofs; and
- falls from open platforms such as loading bays.
If you have been injured in a working at height accident that was not your fault we can help you make a claim.
Our Accident at Work Team has over 39 years of experience dealing with claims for compensation for victims of workplace accidents ranging from minor injuries which can be dealt with as part of the Ministry of Justice Portal Scheme to serious injuries including spinal injuries and fatal injuries requiring specialist legal and medical knowledge.
98% of our Clients who have participated in our Client survey rated our personal injury claims service as excellent and would recommend us to others.