Development & Licensing
Our Estate Development Team has considerable experience of acquiring land intended for development. Our Team works with a number of Developers and are skilled in dealing with the acquisition and subsequent disposal of all kinds of residential estates, business developments and other ancillary transactions.
In respect of development projects, we have the Specialists to deal effectively with all issues from the stages of planning and site assembly to the ultimate selling or letting of the development.
From the earliest stages of planning and site acquisition through to onward disposal, our in-depth knowledge, combined with our commercial, pro-active and thorough approach, means that we build and maintain long-standing relationships with our Clients.
We offer advice on all aspects of the development process including:
- Site acquisition, disposal and related transactions
- Site appraisal and all aspects of the planning process
- Development agreements
- Section 106 Agreements
- Strategic and short-term options (see also Options to Purchase)
- Securing finance
- Drafting of Contract documents
- Collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees
- Dispute avoidance & resolution
Since the introduction of the 2003 Licensing Act, anyone wishing to sell alcohol or provide public entertainment has to adhere to a dual system of licensing. Our licensing department provides specialist advice from the planning stage through to opening. We take a pro-active role to ensure that with early input of advice, your business proceeds smoothly and without delay.
We have considerable experience of making applications for new licences for hotels, pubs and clubs, holiday and caravan parks, self-catering complexes, restaurants and fitness and health clubs. We can assist you with:
- Applying for new premises licenses and club certificates
- Applying to vary or transfer premises licenses and club premises certificates
- Applying for personal licenses
- Dealing with contested applications and representing Clients before licensing committees
- Defending prosecutions for breach of license, fire or health & safety laws
- Advising on the sale, purchase and leasing of a licensed premises
If you are currently in a dispute with a licensing authority, then we can advise on the best way to present your case.