Highway Accident Claims
If you have been injured in an accident in a public place such as on a Highway, we have Personal Injury Solicitors in Lincolnshire who specialise in such claims. For a free consultation to claim compensation call us on 01754 897150 or start your Claim online and we will call you.
Highways are of significant benefit to the public. They include motorways, roads, footpaths, cycle paths and even verges. It is estimated that there are approximately 30,000 miles of main roads and 140,000 miles of footpaths and rights of way in England & Wales alone.
A highway is normally maintained by either the local authority or highway agency using public funds. The Highways Act 1980 introduced a legal responsibility upon such authorities to ensure the safety of the public. In particular they are required to ensure:
- They have a reasonable system of inspection in place
- They have a reasonable and sensible maintenance programme in place
- They carry out repairs to any defect or hazard that is dangerous
Unfortunately, the economic reality is that most local authorities claim that they do not have the funds to invest and repair our roads and footpaths allowing dangerous potholes and defects to develop and putting motorists, pedestrians and cyclists at risk to injury.
Statistics reveal that the most common accidents that occur on our highways include:
- Tripping over potholes and uneven paving slabs
- Poor maintenance of road markings causing collisions between users of the highway
- Poor surface maintenance causing skidding and loss of friction
- Ice on the roads and pathways
- Defective utility apparatus such as missing or damaged water meter covers
- Defective design of the highway
Highway accidents can have serious consequences therefore if you have experienced an injury that was not through your own fault whilst using a highway in or around Skegness and Lincolnshire, we can help you to make a claim for compensation. From minor injuries such as whiplash, to serious injuries such as brain injuries, amputation injuries, spinal injuries and fatal injuries, the specialist legal and medical knowledge of our Lincolnshire based Solicitors can assist you.
Obtaining compensation will help to reimburse you for any financial losses you may have incurred due to the injury. To start your journey to a better quality of life, call our Personal Injury Team in Skegness on 01754 897150 to book your initial consultation or start your claim online.